1. Karina Vexler, Miryam Ayala Cymerman, Irina Berezin, Adi Fridman, Linoy Golani, Michal Lasnoy, Helen Saul, and Orit Shaul (2016). The Arabidopsis NMD factor UPF3 is feedback-regulated at multiple levels and plays a role in plant response to salt stress. Frontiers in Plant Science 7:1376. doi:10.3389/fpls.2016.01376.
2. Orit Shaul (2015). Unique aspects of plant nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Trends in Plant Science 20: 767-779.
3. Evgeniya Degtiar, Adi Fridman, Dror Gottlieb, Karina Vexler, Irina Berezin, Ronit Farhi, Linoy Golani, and Orit Shaul (2015). The feedback control of UPF3 is crucial for RNA surveillance in plants. Nucleic Acids Research 43: 4219–4235.
4. Tsofit Akua and Orit Shaul (2013). The Arabidopsis MHX gene includes an intronic element that boosts translation when localized in a 5’ UTR intron. Journal of Experimental Botany, 64: 4255-4270.
5. Rachel Gaash, Keren Mizrahi, Meirav Elazar, Meital Avramov-Mor, Irina Berezin, and Orit Shaul (2013). Phylogeny and a structural model of plant MHX transporters. BMC Plant Biology, 13: 75.
6. I. Berezin, M. Elazar, R. Gaash, M. Avramov, and O. Shaul (2012). The use of hydroponic growth systems to study the root and shoot ionome of Arabidopsis thaliana. In Hydroponics - a standard methodology for plant biological researches, pp. 135-152.
7. Karin Rand, Irina Kobrinsky-Aaronowitz, Yael Levy, Orit Shaul, Roni Aloni and Yedidya Gafni (2011). Induction of karyopherin α1 expression by indole-3-acetic acid in auxin-treated or overproducing tobacco plants. Plant Signaling and Behavior, 6 (6).
8. Tsofit Akua, Irina Berezin and Orit Shaul (2010) The leader intron of AtMHX can elicit, in the absence of splicing, low-level intron-mediated enhancement that depends on the internal intron sequence. BMC Plant Biology, 10: 93.
9. Helen Saul, Einat Elharrar, Rachel Gaash, Dror Eliaz, Meital Valenci, Tsofit Akua, Meital Avramov, Neta Frankel, Irina Berezin, Dror Gottlieb, Meirav Elazar, Ora David-Assael, Vered Tcherkas, Keren Mizrachi, and Orit Shaul (2009). The upstream open-reading frame of the Arabidopsis AtMHX gene has a strong impact on transcript accumulation through the nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathway. Plant Journal 60: 1031–1042.
10. Irina Berezin, Talya Mizrachy-Dagry, Emil Brook, Keren Mizrahi, Meirav Elazar, Suping Zhuo, Vered Saul-Tcherkas, and Orit Shaul (2008). Overexpression of AtMHX in tobacco causes increased sensitivity to Mg2+, Zn2+, and Cd2+ ions, induction of V-ATPase expression, and a reduction in plant size. Plant Cell Reports 27: 939–949.
11. Irina Berezin, Emil Brook, Keren Mizrahi, Talya Mizrachy-Dagry, Meirav Elazar, Suping Zhou, and Orit Shaul (2008). Overexpression of the vacuolar metal/proton exchanger AtMHX in tomato causes decreased cell expansion and modifications in the mineral content. Functional Plant Biology 35: 15-25.
12. Ora David-Assael, Helen Saul, Keren Mizrahi, Elad Leviad, Talya Mizrachy-Dagri, Emil Brook, Irina Berezin, and Orit Shaul (2007). Recognition of a weak-context upstream-AUG codon in the AtMHX gene is facilitated by the secondary structure of the 5' untranslated-region. Plant Science 172: 354–362.
13. Benayahu Elbaz, Noa Shoshani-Knaani, Ora David-Assael, Talya Mizrachy-Dagri, Keren Mizrahi, Helen Saul, Emil Brook, Irina Berezin and Orit Shaul (2006) High expression in leaves of the zinc hyperaccumulator Arabidopsis halleri of AhMHX, a homolog of an Arabidopsis thaliana vacuolar metal/proton exchanger. Plant Cell and Environment 29: 1179–1190.
14. Ora David-Assael, Irina Berezin, Noa Shoshani-Knaani, Helen Saul, Talya Mizrachy-Dagri, Jianxin Chen, Emil Brook, and Orit Shaul (2006). AtMHX is an auxin and ABA-regulated transporter whose expression pattern suggests a role in ion homeostasis in tissues with photosynthetic potential. Functional Plant Biology 33: 661–672.
15. Ora David-Assael, Helen Saul, Vered Saul, Talya Mizrachy-Dagri, Irina Berezin, Emil Brook, and Orit Shaul (2005) Expression of AtMHX, an Arabidopsis vacuolar magnesium and zinc transporter, is repressed by the 5’-untranslated-region of this gene. Journal of Experimental Botany 56: 1039-1047.
16. Orit Shaul (2002) Magnesium transport and function in plants: the tip of the iceberg. BioMetals 15: 309-323.
17. Burssens S., de-Almeida-Engler J., Beeckman T., Richard C., Shaul O., Ferreira P., Van Montagu M. and Inzé D. (2000) Developmental expression of the Arabidopsis thaliana CycA2;1 gene. Planta 211: 623-631.
18. Orit Shaul*, Donald W. Hilgemann, Janice de-Almeida-Engler, Marc Van Montagu, Dirk Inzé, and Gad Galili (1999). Cloning and characterization of a novel Mg2+/H+ exchanger. EMBO Journal 18: 3973-3980. *Orit Shaul is the Corresponding Author.
19. Orit Shaul, Vladimir Mironov, Marc Van Montagu, and Dirk Inzé (1999). Cyclin-promoter-gus transformed tobacco cultures that leave the stationary state reveal a discrepancy between gus mRNA levels and GUS protein activity. Plant Science 141: 67-71.
20. M. Fridlender, Y. Sitrit, O. Shaul, Giladi O. and A. Levy (1998). Analysis of the Ac promoter: structure and regulation. Molecular and General Genetics (now called: Molecular Genetics and Genomics) 258: 306-314.
21. Galili G., Karchi H., Shaul, O. Zhu-Shimoni J.X., Miron, D. Yang L., Ben-Yaacov S., Perl A., and Amir R. (1997). Expression of bacterial dihydrodipicolinate synthase in transgenic plants: Potentials to improve lysine content in forage, grain and tuber crops. Acta Horticulturae 447: 551-559.
22. Orit Shaul, Vladimir Mironov, Sylvia Burssens, Marc Van Montagu, and Dirk Inzé (1996). Two Arabidopsis cyclin promoters mediate distinctive transcriptional oscillation in synchronized tobacco BY-2 cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 93: 4868-4872.
23. Orit Shaul, Marc Van Montagu, and Dirk Inzé (1996). Cell cycle control in Arabidopsis. Annals of Botany 78: 283-288.
24. Pascale Redig*, Orit Shaul* (*the two first authors made equal contributions), Dirk Inzé, Marc Van Montagu, and Harry Van Onckelen (1996). Levels of endogenous cytokinins, indole-3-acetic acid and abscisic acid during the cell cycle of synchronized tobacco BY-2 cells. FEBS Letters 391: 175-180.
25. Orit Shaul, Marc Van Montagu, and Dirk Inzé (1996). Regulation of cell division in Arabidopsis. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 15: 97-112.
26. Galili G., Shaul O., Perl A., and Karchi H. (1994). Synthesis and accumulation of the essential amino acids lysine and threonine in seeds. In G. Galili and H. Kigel, eds, Seed Development and Germination, Marcel Dekker, New York, pp. 811-831.
27. Gad Galili, Hagai Karchi, Orit Shaul, Avi Perl, Aviv Cahana, Inbal Ben-Tzvi-Tzchori, Zhu Xiao-Zhu, and Shmuel Galili (1994). Production of transgenic plants containing elevated levels of lysine and threonine. Biochemical Society Transactions 22: 921-925.
28. Hagai Karchi, Orit Shaul and Gad Galili (1994). Lysine synthesis and catabolism are coordinately regulated during tobacco seed development. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 91: 2577-2581.
29. Hagai Karchi, Orit Shaul and Gad Galili (1993). Seed specific expression of a bacterial desensitized aspartate kinase increases the production of seed threonine and methionine in transgenic tobacco. Plant Journal 3: 721 727.
30. Orit Shaul and Gad Galili (1993). Concerted regulation of lysine and threonine synthesis in tobacco plants expressing bacterial feedback insensitive aspartate kinase and dihydrodipicolinate synthase. Plant Molecular Biology 23: 759-768.
31. Avi Perl, Shmuel Galili, Orit Shaul, Inbal Ben Tzvi, and Gad Galili (1992). Bacterial dihydrodipicolinate synthase and desensitized aspartate kinase: Two novel selectable markers for plant transformation. Nature Biotechnology 11: 715-718.
32. Avi Perl, Orit Shaul and Gad Galili (1992). Regulation of lysine synthesis in transgenic potato plants expressing a bacterial dihydrodipicolinate synthase in their chloroplasts. Plant Molecular Biology 19: 815 823.
33. Orit Shaul and Gad Galili (1992). Threonine overproduction in transgenic tobacco plants expressing a mutant desensitized aspartate kinase of Escherichia coli. Plant Physiology 100: 1157 1163.
34. Orit Shaul and Gad Galili (1992). Increased lysine synthesis in tobacco plants that express high levels of bacterial dihydrodipicolinate synthase in their chloroplasts. Plant Journal 2: 203 209.
35. Shaul O., Hilgemann D.W., Van Montagu M., Inzé D. and Galili G. (2004) US Patent No. 6,677,506. DNA coding for a Mg2+/H+ or Zn2+/H+ exchanger and transgenic plants expressing same. (Shaul O. is the leading scientist).
36. Shaul O., Galili G., Inzé D., Van Montagu M., and Hilgemann D.W. (2003) CIP Patent application: Polypeptides and polynucleotides encoding same useful for modifying ion concentrations in plants. (Shaul O. is the leading scientist).
37. Gad Galili, Orit Shaul, and Avi Perl (1994) U.S. Patent No. 5,367,110. Chimeric genes comprising DNA sequence coding enzymes having kinase and synthase activity; herbicides.