The Life Sciences Library will be temporarily closed from 1st of December until further notice due to renovations.
The library collection has been temporarily moved to the Chemistry and Physics Library (New Chemistry Building 211, 1st floor, room 103). The collection is only partially accessible.
Library Director: David Gordon
Librarian: Petrov Irina
Assistant librarian: Alon Tavor
The Library Collection
The library is located in the Life Sciences Building, and encompasses half of the first floor. The library contains textbooks for use by undergraduate students and a large collection (400 titles) of scientific journals for research use by M.Sc. and Ph.D. students, staff and research personnel.
Catalogs and Indexes
Online catalog (PRIMO) - through which may be located all the books in the library, both Hebrew and English. Searches may be made by author, title, subject and any work made by author, title, subject and any word from these fields. The computer program is used by all institutes of higher education in Israel.
Electronic resources (books, academic articles, review articles, scientific conference reports, research reports and more) can be found via electronic databases.
For more information (in Hebrew).
- Smoking, eating or drinking are not allowed in the library.
- Students are required to maintain quiet in the library.
- Cellular phones must be turned off before entering the library.
- A detailed list of instructions on the use of the library is available. Disregard of these instructions and inappropriate behavior will be considered an infringement of these rules, and will be brought to the attention of the Dean of the Life Science Faculty.
- The librarians are authorized to ask any student who is behaving improperly to leave the library.
LIFE SCIENCES 1990.
Both of these are on the internal network of Bar Ilan.
JOURNAL CITATION REPORTS (SCIENCE) - stand alone station 1994.