The Library is Reopening !
You can contact us by email or phone Sunday through Thursday between the hours
Books may be returned to the designated box near the entrance of the Chemistry Library (room 103).
Opening hours: Sunday through Thursday 8:30-16:00 during the school year.
For summer hours - call library
Location: The Suissa Life Sciences Building (212), 1st floor, room 113
Library Director: David Gordon
Librarian: Petrov Irina
Assistant librarian: Alon Tavor
The Library Collection
The library is located in the Life Sciences Building, and encompasses half of the first floor. The library contains textbooks for use by undergraduate students and a large collection (400 titles) of scientific journals for research use by M.Sc. and Ph.D. students, staff and research personnel.
Catalogs and Indexes
Online catalog (PRIMO) - through which may be located all the books in the library, both Hebrew and English. Searches may be made by author, title, subject and any work made by author, title, subject and any word from these fields.The computer program is used by all institutes of higher education in Israel.
For more information (in Hebrew).
Rules of behavior requested in the library
- Smoking, eating or drinking are not allowed in the library.
- Students are required to maintain quiet in the library.
- Cellular phones must be turned off before entering the library.
- Students may not bring schoolbags into the library.
- A checkroom is available at the entrance to the library.
- A detailed list of instructions on the use of the library is available. Disregard of these instructions and inappropriate behavior will be considered an infringement of these rules, and will be brought to the attention of the Dean of the Life Science Faculty.
- The librarians are authorized to ask any student who is behaving improperly to leave the library.
Most of the classified books in the library may be borrowed. Reserved books may be borrowed for either one night or three days (colored tapes on the spine of the books indicate the time period allowed). Journals and reference books are not circulated. At the beginning of the year, students receive a magnetic library card which is used for borrowing books. This card may not be transferred to any other person.
Inside the library there is one copying machine for use by staff and research personnel. There are copying machines on the second level of the building. Copying for BSc students is available only with a card which can be purchased in the Hamafil Center.
LIFE SCIENCES 1990.
Both of these are on the internal network of Bar Ilan.
JOURNAL CITATION REPORTS (SCIENCE) - stand alone station 1994.
Last Updated Date : 29/04/2021