משרה לבעלי PhD באוניברסיטת תל אביב
The newly established Center for Applied Genomic Research and Deep Sequencing at George S. Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, is searching for a highly qualified, highly motivated sequencing specialist to run and lead the unit.
The unit will provide services and educational platforms for the development and application of novel methodologies that exploit Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). The unit will provide expert service for TAU-affiliated research groups.
· Education: a minimum of a PhD qualification in Life Science or related fields.
· Highly experienced in molecular biology methods e.g. PCR, qRT-PCR
· Highly experienced in designing and performing NextGen sequencing experiments including library preparation, quality evaluation
· Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Interest in technology development in the areas of DNA/RNA sequencing, genomics and bioinformatics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design of experiments in close collaboration with researchers from diverse fields.
· Preparation of sequencing samples using standard and non-standard library prep methodologies.
· Monitoring center instrumentation such that it is calibrated, maintained and used according to standard procedures at all times.
· Maintaining a high level of familiarity with background and applications of core technology and keeping informed of new developments in the field.
· Cover letter
· Full C.V